Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weekend Wrap-Up:

I've decided...I'm not talking enough about what I should be. Relating real life to writing life. I'd like to officially blame hormones. Unofficially, I don't know what it really is. I think it just has a lot to do with the fact that I'm not writing much.

Summer is hell for several reasons, primary of which is the fact that it is the three month period when you can be damn sure that no real writing will be taking place. The kid is out of school, work suddenly becomes massively demanding and worse, the days both last forever...and are incredibly short. There's more to get done, more people to consider and all of them want your attention.

I like to consider them stew months. It's too hot to think up a plot anyway. Shoot, here in SoCal, it's nearly too hot for sex (though some of us just suffer through it anyway, ;) ). I spend those months looking for stories to write. Perusing things I could be editing, if I was any kind of real writer. Truth is, no matter how much I'd like to be writing--and believe me, I dream of it--whether I get any done in the summer months doesn't make me a good writer or a bad one. As long as I do SOME thing that is writing related.

(Please, God, say you count blogging.)

So while I haven't done anything for my writing, I have made a lot of career decisions and made some forward motion. Maybe summer is less my season in Hell and more my season of decision. Instead of living in my fantasies, I spend three months making decisions that shape my year. After all, one thing I'm learning from my fellow Belfrites who are ePubs, nearly as important as the writing when it comes to being an author is also being your own PR manager. You need to know what you want from your career before you can get it.

So, to that end, I'm going to lend a hand to my sistah and show you a new book out that you want to read:

When independent and fun-loving flight attendant Lea Harding meets Coop Masterson, tight-ass air marshal and superhero savior, her first
instinct is to run. Like the wind. But Coop has a relaxed, sensual side that captivates her, and soon what she wants is his tight ass in her bed.

Never quite able to live up to his own expectations, Coop is enraptured with Lea, inside and out. He falls in love with her past,and craves a shared future, but she won't accept help from anyone. Let alone him.

A scorching weekend of surf-n-sex arouses Lea's long dormant emotions and has her questioning what true freedom means. The intensity of Coop's lovemaking and the weight of his desires speak to a vulnerable spot in her soul she'd rather deny. So she sets a timeline for a "hot sex only" relationship.

For Coop, who has failed himself over and over and senses in Lea his long awaited mate, winning her reluctant heart and making her body throb for him only becomes a race against the clock in the most urgently passionate fight of his life.


"The downloadable e-book version is available at www.ellorascave.com. I'd love it if you'd visit my blog for up to the minute news, announcements and laughs( http://annwesleyhardin.bravejournal.com/ ) But if I don't see you there, maybe I'll catch you at the open house booksigning for Layover's print release this winter! Dates and times to follow. Until next time, bon voyage!"-- Ann Wesley Hardin

See y'all tomorrow when I'll be attempting to discuss some craft-ish thinking. :)
Smooches,
Dee

No comments: