Friday shall be my day of lazy, but it shall also be my day of grateful. I will impart my good news in bullet format because while I am grateful for the upcoming weekend, I'm dead tired already. (And come on, thinking up five good things at this point every week has got to be hard for everyone.)
• I got back to my blog after more than a month of absence from anything but work.
• Hubby not only ate what I cooked last night, he wanted more WHILE watching "The Cutting Edge"--rather a lot like a tiger being fed birdfood while teaching a hippo to dance in ballerina shoes. 3-star miracle there. (It was probably due to exhaustion, but I'm taking what I can get.)
• Moo lost his Goddard (Jimmy Neutron's mechanical dog, for those not living with a Jimmy addicted child) figure while walking in a parking lot yesterday. When we arrived where we were and realized it was gone, I was looking around hoping not to look frantic. Tears in his eyes, my son wraps his skinny arms around my neck, voice wobbling he says, "Don't worry, Mommy, we'll find him." (Tiny Tim ain't got diddly on this kid, seriously.) Why is this good? Hubby scores again while we scoured the parking lot by finding pebble sized Goddard in the middle of the road before a car can run it over.
• Exterminator came to kill off unnatural ant population attempting to take over my kitchen as their primary water supply. While this sadly means I can cook again, it also means I can put the dishes on the counter for ten minutes (okay, three hours, so I'm a pig who hates doing dishes). Glory for the slovenly!
• Moo licked several pieces of corn! Hey, if Jimmy can crack it and get a whole song, Moo licking it--infinitely harder for an autistic kid with food aversions up the yang--this is a bloody miracle. The last time he had a vegetable, the millenium hadn't even turned. Today, we're going to approach the lickage of PEAS! Wish me luck!