Yes, it's time to be grateful again, and I am. I really, really am. (You just can't tell because I'm grumpy this week.)
• I get to be a columnist! (Thank you RTB!) (Yes, fully aware I'm beating a dead horse, so sorry about that, but it's exciting to me...mostly cause aside from working, I don't do a whole lot, lol, and as I discovered I have two more weeks before school starts...I'm taking any pleasure I can get.)
• I'm getting a washer and dryer! I know, as I live in an apartment, this is a shock. Sure, I regularly swear and want to kick the machine in the laundry room across the hall--except for the time it came after me like Linda Blair, spewing fluid, jerking and grinding it's body over the floor in ceaseless circles--because they're screwed up, don't wash or don't dry or I only need to do one load, but I have to fill the laundry card with enough money to do three or not do wash at all, but I never imagined they'd want to put one in my actual apartment. It'll take a month...and there's going to be workmen inside my apt from 8-5 Monday-Friday for a while, making holes in my walls so it can happen...but, I'm thrilled! (See, if you go outside in your jammies enough times, people will do ANYTHING to make you stop!)
• I've hopefully discovered that link problem--fixing as soon as I'm done posting, I swear--and my site will be operational! (God save you all.)
• I'm feeling good for the first time in a week and am walking like a regular girl! The last few days have rendered me waddling like a cowgirl who's been on one too many bulls. Depressingly, my issues cause pain to radiate down to my knees on the bad days. I won't lie and say I don't complain--I believe I'm doing so right now, actually--but I can still handle it. (No choice, dr says I can't mix meds and add a pain killer.) And hey, it's damn funny to watch. I'm pretty sure next time it happens, hubby will film. (I'll owe him, y'all have NO idea the levels of bitchdom I have achieved this week.)
• Sister Pet is coming back to stay with me. She's been doing slave labor at my mother's for a month, helping to refurbish Mom's bathroom. Personally, I'm more grateful I live over an hour away and therefore have not been called to duty. (Maybe THAT should be a point all by itself.) Just about anyone who lives nearby has been called in and has a hand or some blood in that rebuild. Anyhow, while it's not always easy to have someone else in the house--darn, there goes the nekkid living room television time!--, it is a real help to have someone keep an eye on Moo from time to time. He's been babysat roughly 10 times (aside from when I worked the first three months of his life) in the last seven years. One included while I was rushed to the ER, which hubby told me to stop smiling about because it was NOT a date. She's rather kidlike herself, so she plays with him...which means that I can go more than fifteen seconds between "mommy!"s. I love that woman.
So, am I glad for having adult company in the day? Yes!
Am I MORE glad that I, too, can now take part in the slave labor of keeping the family Pet? You betcha!
Hope y'all are having a great week and have a better weekend ahead!