Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Project Updates

DRUGS: Okay, the sickies got a good grip on the ole ovaries this week. Thankfullly, fever stayed low grade and pain is abating. Sadly, this means sticking to the seemingly useless naproxen. It helps in the long run, but seriously, I feel like I'm dialating in the meantime. It's like losing days of battle so you can win the war. For you men out there, imagine if your nuts turning into bolts--hard, cramped and screeching over each other. To say nothing of the lovely feelings it sends out to your toitoi. :) LOL! At any rate, hopefully it's almost over and I can look forward to the next bout near to Thanksgiving. Whine.

BATMAN: The cowl is made. Just the cape and the gauntlets to work on. Sounds easy, right...yeah....right. Hoping to work on those today.

WRITING: Well, the sisters spoke a little. The next one is starting to whisper. And, of course, the unfinished edits on Vetta are whining. I need some better lithium.

WORK: Still working on the Open House, tracking emails and building January schedule. I can probably finish January today and hopefully get another 50 emails out today. Crossing fingers. Oh yeah, and rounds.

DINNER: Okay, for the last three nights, something has been slightly off with all my cooking. Granted, I felt like crap while doing it for the first couple of days, but last night I was able to stand and not need to curl up on the floor several times. Still, didn't have enough sauce and there are few cooking errors as bad as not having enough sauce. What to make tonight....? Hubby might go for a nice baked mac & cheese, right? Never tried that before. It's always been instant here in Cali but I hear that people make it somewhat fancy in other places. I can put the hot sausage in it, maybe....

Okay, off to see what I can do to get all this done today.
Smooches,
Dee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee, I totally empathize with you on the bad ol' Os. Hope you get to feeling better ...

Cynthia

Shesawriter said...

Dee,

Do you suffer from painful ovulation too? You poor thing. I get it for about two days a month, and it's excrutiating. Sometimes the pain is so bad I look forward to menapause. LOL!

Tanya

Dee Tenorio said...

Hi gals!

Thanks Cynthia!

Tanya--well, it sure stings like Hell on a stick, but no, it's a slightly different problem. I have Endometriosis and this year it decided to play hardball by advancing from mild to moderate. Mild is "Can't someone just knock me out for my periods?" and Moderate being a fetal position and sudden scream worthy jags of agony. Advanced requires regular visits to the ER and loads of medication prior to a hysterectomy. I keep hoping that if I whine loud enough, someone will come up with a cure. No luck so far.

Sadly, the pain--which I thought was abating--is continuing to plague me. Which means I'm probably going to have to visit the doctor...again. I'm trying hard to be more accepting of his stance on my pain. I'm tired of always being in it, he seems to think that I'll do better off without something to take care of it, since I'm taking something for the problem as it is. We'll have to sort out that two weeks of constant pain just isn't acceptable.

I'm bringing a hammer...just in case I need to make a point. ;)

Smooches,
Dee

Shesawriter said...

Dee,

Have you tried Vitamin D therapy and Calcium tablets? I have Endo too. Have had it all my life, and the pills do wonders for me. They even help with my PMS. You have to take them daily to see the results.

Tanya