Sunday, February 06, 2005

New Year, New Attempts

Howdy!

I've never done one of these before, but I have seen a number of them from my friends and I was also encouraged to keep a diary of my views on what my life with my special needs son is like.

My baby, Moo--as we call him--is a pretty big adventure. He's six (and a half) and while not medically diagnosed, is recognized as "Educationally Autistic". He's a functional autistic and he's come so far in the three years that we've known about it. Keeping a diary on him is like keeping one on myself. Plus, maybe family can check in with us from time to time this way and see his growth. It would be a nice thing.

Also, I'm a writer. It's how I stay sane. I channel almost all my creative energy into writing. If what I have to say might make it clearer or easier for someone else to cope with writing, marriage, autism or just give them a laugh, I'm all for it.

Did you ever know why misery loves company? So it doesn't have to laugh alone. :)

Smooches and wish me luck!
Dee

No comments: